The Price Is Right Play At Home Game: Official Rules
HOW THE GAME WORKS
VIEWERS WHO CALL THE PLAY AT HOME GAME ARE AUTOMATICALLY ENTERED INTO THE PRICE IS RIGHT PLAY AT HOME GAME SWEEPSTAKES. AT THE END OF EACH MONTHLY SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, A WINNER WILL BE SELECTED RANDOMLY FROM ALL ENTRIES RECEIVED AND CONTACTED ON THE PHONE NUMBER USED TO PLAY. CALLERS MAY ALSO EARN BONUS ENTRIES TO THE SWEEPSTAKES BY LEARNING MORE ABOUT THIRD PARTY OFFERS OR BY MAIL. CALLERS ARE ALSO INVITED TO GUESS THE MANUFACTURER’S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE OF AN ITEM FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. GUESSING THE CORRECT PRICE WILL NOT WIN THAT ITEM OR INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING THE SWEEPSTAKES.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR D.C, AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD OR AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE, OR OLDER, AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO SWEEPSTAKES. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL OTHER U.S. TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS, OUTSIDE OF THE US AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Introduction. By participating in the The Price is Right Play at Home Game (the “Sweepstakes”), participants (each, an “Entrant”) unconditionally accept and agree to comply with these Official Rules (“Official Rules”) and the decisions of Leadcast, LLC, 1255 West 15th Street, Suite 700, Plano, TX 75075 (the “Sponsor”) and US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company, 625 Panorama Trail, Suite 2100, Rochester, NY 14625 (the “Sweepstakes Administrator”), which are final and binding in all respects. One winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during each Monthly Sweepstakes Period (as defined below). One winner per each Monthly Sweepstakes Period will be awarded a $5,000 (“Prize”). All applicable federal, state, and local laws apply.
2. Timing. The overall Sweepstakes begins on Monday, September 12, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on Saturday, December 21, 2022 at 7:59 a.m. ET, unless sooner terminated by the Sponsor (the "Overall Sweepstakes Period"). Each “Monthly Sweepstakes Period” is defined as commencing on the 1st day of each calendar month at 8:00 a.m. ET (except September 2022 in which case the Monthly Sweepstakes Period commenced on Monday, September 12, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. ET) and ends at 7:59 a.m. ET on the last calendar day of each month. Sponsor's database tracking system is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
3. General Release of Liability. Participating Entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Sweepstakes Administrator, and agree to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities (as defined below) and their affiliated companies, and all other businesses involved in this Sweepstakes, as well as the employees, officers, directors, and agents of each (the “Released Parties”) from any and all claims and liability relating to, resulting from and/or arising from their participation in the Sweepstakes, and the acceptance and use/misuse of the Prize offered. Participating Entrants agree to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Released Parties, and hereby acknowledge that said Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize. Participating Entrants assume all liability for and Released Parties shall be held harmless against any liability for any injury, damages, losses, expenses, accidents, delays, inconvenience or irregularity of any kind to persons, including personal injury or death, or injury to property caused or claimed to be caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Sweepstakes, acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of the Prize, or any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery. The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, natural disaster, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, action of governmental authorities, or any other cause outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS SWEEPSTAKES CANNOT BE ADMINISTERED OR CONDUCTED OR ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS RESULTING OR ARISING FROM ACTS OF GOD, WAR, OR TERRORISM, CIVIL UNREST, STRIKES, SUPPLY SHORTAGES, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, EPIDEMICS, PANDEMICS, COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LAW OR ORDER OF A GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY, OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR ACT, EVENT, OR OCCURRENCE BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF THE SPONSOR. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE, AS APPLICABLE. FURTHER, SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, DIVERSIONS, CHANGES IN SERVICE OR SUBSTITUTIONS, OR FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS BY ANY THIRD PARTIES BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL, OR FOR ANY RESULTING INJURIES, INCLUDING MONEY DAMAGES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES, PROPERTY DAMAGES, PERSONAL INJURIES OR DEATH RESULTING THEREFROM. Released Parties are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the prize.
4. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open to permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, eighteen (18) years of age (or age of majority, whichever is older in their state of residence) or older as of the date of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, all other U.S. territories and possessions outside the U.S., and where prohibited. Employees of Sponsor, Sweepstakes Administrator, CBS Interactive, Inc., CBS Broadcasting Inc., Paramount Global inc. (collectively "CBS"), and Fremantle Media North America, Inc. ("Fremantle"), participating stations, stations airing The Price is Right, cable operators, multiple service providers, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in production, development, implementation or handling of the Sweepstakes, and any agents acting for the above providers, prize suppliers, or any other person or entity associated with Sweepstakes or “The Price is Right” series (collectively "Sweepstakes Entities" or “Released Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) of, and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether related or not, are ineligible to enter Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter. During the Monthly Sweepstakes Period, watch The Price is Right for the Play at Home Game audience participation segment or visit https://www.cbs.com/shows/the_price_is_right/news/70887/ to find the valid toll-free phone number through which you can enter the Sweepstakes. To enter, call the valid toll-free phone number: 1-855-50-PRICE (1-855-507- 7423) (the “Valid Toll-Free Number”) from a touch-tone telephone. All connected calls to the Valid Toll-Free Number (listed above), as verified by Sponsor will receive one (1) entry into such Monthly Sweepstakes in the calendar month in which the call was received (the “Entry”). In the calendar month that you call, you will receive the Entry into such calendar’s Monthly Sweepstakes as soon as your call to the Valid Toll-Free Number is picked up. PLEASE NOTE: YOU DO NOT WIN A PRIZE SIMPLY FOR CALLING THE VALID TOLL-FREE NUMBER. You may be invited to guess the manufacturer’s suggested retail price of an item for entertainment purposes only. GUESSING THE CORRECT PRICE WILL NOT WIN THAT ITEM OR INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING THE SWEEPSTAKES. Entries for each Monthly Sweepstakes Period must be received between 1st day of each calendar month at 8:00 a.m. ET (except September 2022 in which case the Monthly Sweepstakes Period commenced on Monday, September 12, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. ET) and ends at 7:59 a.m. ET on the last calendar day of each month. For each Monthly Sweepstakes Period, there is a limit of one (1) entry per telephone number and per person per day, except that entrants may be offered one (1) additional bonus entry as described below. You can call from a landline or a mobile phone; please note that standard charges levied by mobile phone carriers may apply for users calling from a mobile phone. Should an entrant win, he/she MUST be available at the phone number used to enter the Sweepstakes in each given Monthly Sweepstakes Period to receive his/her win notification and instructions on how to claim his/her Prize;
Sponsor is not responsible for changes in entrants' phone numbers.
Upon receiving an Entry, you may be asked to complete a daily survey and review third-party offers. You may also be offered up to one (1) bonus entry in that month’s Monthly Sweepstakes if you listen to one or more third-party offers, as described at the time of your call (the “Bonus Entry”). Listening to a third-party offer will not result in a Bonus Entry unless the Bonus Entry is offered beforehand. Accepting any third party offers is optional and does not increase your chances of winning.
Alternatively, you may receive one (1) Bonus Entry for such Monthly Sweepstakes Period without listening to a third party offer by mailing a postcard (the “Mail-In Bonus Entry”), including your name, complete address, email address, and phone number to the following address: The Price is Right Play at Home Game, PO Box 776, Social Circle, GA 30025-0776. Each Mail-In Bonus Entry must be mailed separately and must be postmarked between 1st day of each calendar month at 8:00 a.m. ET (except September 2022 in which case the Monthly Sweepstakes Period commenced on Monday, September 12, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. ET) and prior to 7:59 a.m. ET on the last calendar day of each month. Photocopied, illegible, or mechanically reproduced entries are not eligible. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected or postage-due mailed bonus entries.
Bonus Entry and Mail-In Bonus Entry collectively referred to herein as “Bonus Entry” or “Bonus Entries”. For each Monthly Sweepstakes Period, there is a limit of one (1) Bonus Entry per person per day, regardless of the method of receiving a Bonus Entry.
Entry, Bonus Entry and Mail-In Bonus Entry collectively referred to herein as “Entry” or “Entries”. All methods of entry have an equal chance of winning. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same phone number. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the number of permitted entries per day by using multiple/different phone numbers, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods, will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Multiple entries received from one person or phone number after the first entry received from that person or phone number on any given day will be void. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and may result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the phone number used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant or participant. The authorized account holder is the natural person assigned a phone number by a phone service provider. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
6. Prize/ Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”)/Odds. There is one (1) Prize available to be won for each Monthly Sweepstakes Period. The One (1) Monthly Sweepstakes Period Prize winner will receive $5,000, to be awarded in the form of a check. The ARV of Prize: $5,000. Odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
7. Selection and Notification/Verification of Potential Winner. The potential Monthly Sweepstakes Period Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about the 10th day of the calendar month after each Monthly Sweepstakes Period from among all eligible Entries received during such Monthly Sweepstakes Period by the Sweepstakes Administrator, an independent representative of the Sponsor whose decisions are final. Entrant selected must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Each potential Prize winner will be notified by the Sweepstakes Administrator via phone (the “Initial Notification”), through the phone number that he or she called from to enter, and will be required to provide his/her full name, email address and mailing address either via phone or via email within five (5) days of the Initial Notification. Within three (3) days of receiving each Monthly Sweepstakes Period’s potential Prize winner’s full name, email address and mailing address, the Sweepstakes Administrator will send to such Monthly Sweepstakes Period’s potential Prize winner, via email and/or mail (the “Second Notification”), an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, an IRS W 9 Form and where allowable, a Publicity Release (collectively, the “Releases"). Each Monthly Sweepstakes Period’s potential Prize winner will be required to sign and return the Releases within five (5) days of the Second Notification or be disqualified. The Releases will require each Monthly Sweepstakes Period’s Prize winner to furnish his/her Social Security Number for the sole purpose of tax reporting, as required by law. If any Monthly Sweepstakes Period’s potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days of the first attempt to contact him/her, the Prize is returned as undeliverable, or if he/she fails to return the Releases within the required time period, the potential winner will be disqualified and forfeits his/her Prize. In that event, an alternate winner may be selected. Only one (1) alternate drawing for the Prize will be held, after which the Prize will remain unawarded. Each Monthly Sweepstakes Period’s Winner will receive his/her Prize within 8-10 weeks after winner verification.
Prize is not assignable, transferable and may not be substituted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its discretion. Any other incidental expenses on prize not specified herein are the winner’s sole responsibility.
Winner is responsible for all federal, state, local and income taxes associated with winning prize. Winner will be required to furnish his/her Social Security Number for the sole purpose of preparation of tax forms as required by law.
8. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's and the Sweepstakes Entities' use of winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions, hometown, state and country for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, technical failures, pre-emption/interruption/cancellation of the series "The Price is Right" or cbs.com, fraud, or any factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control corrupt the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, or if for any reason the Sweepstakes cannot be run as planned, Sponsor reserves the right to (a) suspend the Sweepstakes and modify the Sweepstakes to address the impairment, then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules in Sponsor’s sole discretion; and/or (b) award the Prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage Sponsor's or the cbs.com website or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor and other Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of any right or remedy.
10. Limitations of Liability. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, the malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in phone lines or network, hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; (6) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials ;or (7) any injury or damage to persons or property, including, but not limited to, entrant's computer, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes, receipt, possession or use or misuse of any Prize, or from downloading any material from Sponsor's or any other Sweepstakes Entity website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor, any other Sweepstakes Entity or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor's or the cbs.com website by a hypertext link No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of Prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of Prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible Prize claims.
11. Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any Prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by JAMS for final and binding arbitration under its Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures, to be held in New York, New York, before a single arbitrator who shall be a retired judge, in accordance with New York Civil Practice Law & Rules, Section 7501 et seq. The arbitration shall be a confidential proceeding, closed to the general public. The arbitrator shall issue a written opinion stating the essential findings and conclusions upon which the arbitrator's award is based. The parties will share equally in payment of the arbitrator's fees and arbitration expenses and any other costs unique to the arbitration hearing (recognizing that each side bears its own deposition, witness, expert and attorneys' fees and other expenses to the same extent as if the matter were being heard in court). Neither party shall be entitled or permitted to commence or maintain any action in a court of law with respect to any matter in dispute until such matter shall have been submitted to arbitration as herein provided and then only for the enforcement of the arbitrator's award. Nothing in this paragraph shall affect either party’s ability to seek from a court injunctive or equitable relief at any time; (2) any Draft Updated_Official Rules_Leadcast_PriceIsRightPlayatHomeGame_LEA21-301_09152022 and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
12. Sweepstakes Errors. The Released Parties and their parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies, broadcast affiliates, and interactive voice response vendors, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and participants hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Sweepstakes; (b) in any related advertising or promotions of the Sweepstakes; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such error(s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
14. Winner List. Each Monthly Sweepstakes Period’s Winner List request will only be accepted after December 31, 2022 and no later than January 31, 2023. For any such Monthly Sweepstakes Period’s Winner List, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The Price is Right Play at Home Game Winner Confirmation Request, PO Box 654, Social Circle, GA 30025-0654.
HOW THE GAME WORKS
VIEWERS WHO CALL THE PRICE IS RIGHT PLAY AT HOME GAME ARE AUTOMATICALLY ENTERED INTO THE PRICE IS RIGHT PLAY AT HOME GAME SWEEPSTAKES FOR THE GIVEN MONTHLY SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD’ IN WHICH THE VIEWER CALLED. AT THE END OF EACH MONTHLY SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD, A WINNER WILL BE SELECTED RANDOMLY FROM ALL ENTRIES RECEIVED AND CONTACTED ON THE PHONE NUMBER USED TO PLAY. CALLERS MAY ALSO EARN BONUS ENTRIES TO EACH MONTHLY SWEEPSTAKES IN EACH GIVEN MONTHLY SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD BY LEARNING MORE ABOUT THIRD-PARTY OFFERS OR BY MAIL. CALLERS ARE ALSO INVITED TO GUESS THE MANUFACTURER’S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE OF AN ITEM FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. GUESSING THE CORRECT PRICE WILL NOT WIN THAT ITEM OR INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING ANY OF THE SWEEPSTAKES.